Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Week in Review



  • Audrey called me “mom” this week. Prior to this utterance, I had only been "mama" or very occasionally "mommy", but this was straight up “mom.” I even asked her if she just called me “mom”, and without skipping a beat, she said, “yes mom”, like I was clearly deaf and maybe even a little dense.

  • Like your standard parent, I resort to using A’s first and middle name (Simone) when pleading with her to stop doing something life threatening (she’s a coffee table climber extraordinaire.) Earlier this week, I randomly asker her what her middle name was…expecting she’d come up empty since we haven’t really covered the whole concept of a middle name -- and how it’s generally used to appease a family member or spouse who didn’t win on the whole first name competition. But alas, she calmly shot back, “Namone." No fanfare, just the facts. Close enough…excuse me while I call Harvard.

  • We discovered she LOVES olives. If the 24 hours of labor isn’t enough to prove she’s my kid, this seals the deal.

No comments: